Deadline: September 30, 2020
Entry Fee: from $18 to $40
Prizes: participation in the online exhibition, conference pass to WPPI, certificates
The goal of WPPI’s Second Half Online competition is to encourage, educate and motivate wedding and portrait photographers committed to their craft. It is the second of three WPPI Awards, which includes First and Second Half online competitions and The Annual: 16×20 Print, Album and Filmmaking competitions.
Each image receives personal and meaningful feedback from our world-renowned judges. The feedback prepares entrants for each phase of the awards program as well as helps entrants progress on their journey of growth and prestige among their community.
As entrants advance through the competitions, they achieve points towards their Honors of Excellence designation. Each year at the WPPI Awards Ceremony in Las Vegas, the entrants who reach the next level of designation are honored at the WPPI Awards ceremony in Vegas.
Why You Should Enter the Competition
- Learn and be inspired by your peers!
- Receive invaluable feedback from respected photographers.
- Be recognized for your achievements.
- New and simplified rules and categories!
- Earn Honors of Excellence points!
- Win a trophy!
- It’s a fun, challenging and exciting way to share your work.
- Couple Together: Wedding day
- Bride or Groom Alone: Wedding Day
- Bridal Party / Family and Friends
- Couple Together: Non-Wedding Day
- Bride or Groom Alone: Non-Wedding Day
- Model Couples Together: Non-Wedding Day
- Model Bride or Groom Alone: Non-Wedding Day
- Newborn + Baby
- Children + Teenager
- Group + Families
- Animals + Pets
- Wedding Creative
- Portrait Creative
- Pre-Wedding Creative
- Fashion + Beauty + Fine Art Nude
- Landscape + Travel
- Open Creative
IN-CAMERA ARTISTRY DIVISION
- FILMMAKING DIVISION
- Open Short Film
- Wedding/Engagement Short Film
All winners will be featured in an online gallery in August on Rangefinderonline.com.
First, second and third place winners will receive a conference pass to WPPI 2021 ($150 arv).
Entries that score 80+ will:
- Receive a downloadable, printable certificate available on your member login site.
- Be featured in the gallery on WPPI’s Honors of Excellence site
First place winners from each division will be eligible to win the Grand Award, honored at WPPI 2021.
Final deadline for image submission is September 30, 2020.
- Purchase by Aug 17
Image Categories – $18 (save 40%)
Filmmaking Categories – $28 (save 40%)
- Purchase by Sept 14
Image Categories – $20 (save 33%)
Filmmaking Categories – $30 (save 33%)
- Purchase by Sept 30
Image Categories – $30
Filmmaking Categories – $40