Deadline: August 31, 2021
Entry Fee: from €10 to €15
Prizes: €500, publication in the journal
Open to practitioners working at any level, the Anthology Magazine Photographer of the Year contest celebrates outstanding standalone images. It also provides a platform for photographers to showcase their work through publication. Images submitted must be on the theme of ‘Food’. Submissions will be judged on quality, creativity, originality, and visual/emotional impact. Photographers can submit as many entries as they wish.
It is not a requirement, but is advisable to refer to Anthology Magazine or purchase a copy before submitting your work, so that you can see the type of material we publish. Subscriptions and single copies are available to purchase through our online shop.
- The winner will receive a €500 cash prize and editorial coverage in a future issue of Anthology Magazine.
- The winner will also receive a one year subscription to Anthology Magazine
Submission Deadlines & Entry Fees
- Early Bird: 31 May 2021 – €10 per entry
- Deadline: 31 August 2021 – €15 per entry
Terms and Conditions
- To enter, submit a previously unpublished image on the theme of ‘Food’
- Each entry must be the original work of the person submitting it. There must be only one image per entry. No stock photography is allowable.
- Entry fee: €10 for entries submitted on or before 31 May 2021 or €15 for entries submitted between 1 June and 31 August 2021. Entries will not be accepted after the closing date.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit.
- There is no age limit for entrants.
- Composite photography is allowable.
- Please do not add any watermarks to your entries as the judging is anonymous.
- Each entry must have been captured on or after 1 January, 2019.
- Prize winners will be selected by a panel of independent judges and their decision is final.
- Once announced, all entrants will be notified of the result by email. Finalists will be notified by email or telephone.
- By submitting your entry and paying the registration fee, you agree to all of the terms and conditions listed here.
- Please ensure that your entries are submitted as electronic files, at 72dpi, in JPEG or PNG format, and a maximum size of 4MB
- All finalists will be required to re-submit the originals in RAW, JPEG or TIFF format at 300dpi.
- All photographers retain copyright of their work.
- All entrants agree to the storage of their images in electronic form for the purpose of judging the competition and the private distribution of those images as required to complete the judging process.
- The photographer warrants that the rights (of any kind) to the photograph have not previously been sold or granted to any third party
- The finalist grants Anthology Magazine the right to use the images in electronic form or in print for the specific purpose of promoting Anthology Magazine and its Awards without restriction in any media.
- Anthology Magazine agrees that the images will not be made available for download on any of its websites at high resolution and that all images used will be credited to the photographer. To further protect any images against misuse by third parties Anthology Magazine will insert a digital watermark to images published online. Anthology Magazine will not be responsible for unauthorised use of any image by a third party.
- Electronic files sent as attachments will not be returned and Anthology Magazine accepts no responsibility for submissions in any other form. Prints or physical media sent as submissions will not be returned.