Opening: September 30, 2019
Deadline: February 17, 2020
Entry fee: single – €10, series – €30
Prizes: €100, €250, €300, €500, €750, €1,500
The Lions Club of Seregno Aid 108 IB1 based in Seregno (MB) in collaboration with UN Water (Coordinating the UN’s work on water and sanitation) , together with Lions Acqua per la vita Onlus and Lions Club MD108 Italy, the patronage of European Comunity, and the Municipalities of Monza, Seregno, Seveso, Barlassina, Meda e Carate Brianza, in the occasion of the 2020 World Water Day is organising the fourth edition of the “World Water Day Photo Contest” #WWDPHC to draw public attention to the critical issue of water in our times, with special focus on access to good water.
The competition is open to all lovers of photography and to all supporters of environmental issues and is based on the theme “Climate Change”
Entrants may present all photographs representing water as protagonist and taken with any type of photographic device, camera, smartphone, tablet, drone etc.
For all sections , entries must not have won an award in any other photographic competition on pain of being disqualified. Both colour and black and white photos are permitted. Software corrections, post production, photo editing and photo manipulation are accepted.
Section for single themed photos. The theme is “Climate Change” open to all.
Also participate in this section:
- Young photographers aged between 16 and 21 years old (The age reached in completed years of age at 22/03/2020) and secondary schools , high schools and college. (Young Category) . This category will be awarded with a special prize.
- Junior photographer under 16 years old (as at 22/03/2020) and middle schools , elementary and primary schools (Junior Category). This category will be awarded with a special prize.
- Members of any Lions Club all over the world (Lions Category) This category will be awarded with a special prize
A themed section “Water is …” in which you can propose a set of photos, portfolios, photojournalism and storyboards, sequences of images that share a story related to water as a common element.
Along with the photos, will have to write a brief description of its project (in Italian or in English)
Portfolios must be made minimum of 5 and a maximum of 8 photos. (10 photos only for Early bird)
Themed Photos (All Single Photos)
- 1° place overall: Euro 1.500
- 2° place overall: Euro 750
- 3° place overall: Euro 500
- 4° place overall: Euro 250
- 5° place overall: Euro 100
- 1° place Europa: Euro 250 or an Honorable Mention
- 1° place Asia: Euro 250 or an Honorable Mention
- 1° place Africa: Euro 250 or an Honorable Mentions
- 1° place Oceania: Euro 250 or an Honorable Mentions
- 1° place Americas: Euro 250 or an Honorable Mentions
Themed Photos Young Category
- 1° place: 3 weeks cultural exchange trip for a person of the Lions service program in a home / school / youth camp in a non-Italian country.
- 2° place : sponsor award
Themed Photos Junior Category
- 1° place : sponsor award
- 2° place : sponsor award
Themed Photos Lions Club
- 1° place Lions Club Memeber: sponsor award
- 1° place: Euro 500
- 2° place: Euro 300
- 3° place: Euro 100
- For the section “Themed Photos” a fixed fee of € 10.00 (ten Euro) is to be paid with the submission of the first photo and € 5,00 (five Euro) for each subsequent photo.
- For the section “Storytelling” a fixed fee of € 30.00 (thirty Euro) is to be paid regardless of the number of photos making up the portfolio (minimum of 5, maximum of 8 photographs).