Deadline: August 20, 2020
Entry Fee: $20/10 images
Prizes: publication in the journal
We are announcing a call-for-entry for the September/October 2020 issue, featuring “Portraits.”
Our first “Portraits” issue was so popular, we decided to continue with it.
As with most of our calls-for-entry the rules are simple:
- 1. All submissions must be photo-based, color or black and white
- 2. All images can’t be more than two-years old
- 3. Submitter must be the original creator of the image
- 4. All images must display at least one significant part of the human body.
- 5. Sizes: all work submitted must be 8.5×12-inches (or equivalent), sRGB, 300dpi
- 6. All work can be submitted in multiple downloads
- 7. Titles must accompany submission
- 8. Strict naming guidelines will be expected
(tanderson-portraits-01.jpg, 01, 02, 03, 04, etc.)
- 9. Photographers retain all rights to images
- 10. Shadow & Light Magazine may use images for promotion and publicity only
What winners will receive
Grand Prize Winner
- Issue Cover
- Exclusive Interview
- 12-page Portfolio Display
- Printed copy of issue
Up to six additional winning portfolios of 10-images
All winners will have their portfolios displayed in a Special Gallery in the Shadow & Light Magazine site
This special issue will also be distributed to more than 200 curators, gallerists, museum curators, publishers, etc.
Shadow & Light Magazine is a bi-monthly, subscription-based PDF publication designed for photographers across all levels of photography offering valuable information about a range of photographic subjects including portfolios, and individual images, along with interviews and in-depth essays. It is also designed for the photographer who desires to present their work to a large audience, including curators, collectors, gallerists, and photography peers and professionals.
Shadow & Light Magazine is an online photography magazine that couldn’t wait any longer to be published. It is about “The Art of Photography,” and is the brainchild of Tim Anderson, the publisher/editor of The Journal (newsletter), and the former publisher/managing editor of CameraArts magazine.
- This CFE will open July 15, 2020
- Deadline: August 20, 2020
- $20/10 images