Deadline: January 15, 2021
Entry Fee: from $25 to $200
Prizes: valuable prizes total value over $745, $1800, publication in the journal
Welcome to the first annual Pas de Deux Photo Dance Photography competition. The first and only photography competition exclusively for dance photography. We are so excited to elevate this growing art to a new status!
Submissions are being accepted from October 20 through December 31; the late entry period if January 1-15, 2021. Prizes and categories are listed below. Follow us on social media for exciting information about our jurors and upcoming webinars related to the competition.
Winning images will be shared on our social media and published in a new magazine, Pas de Deux Quarterly. The top 15 in each category will be featured there as well. Winners in each category along with the grand prize winner will receive prize packages totalling over $1500 in value thanks to our amazing sponsors.
Open to amateur or professional photographers who are 18 years of age or older.
- Grand Prize Winner
The Grand Prize Winner is evaluated based on their body of work submitted to the competition, regardless of the category or categories. Must submit 5 or more images to be automatically considered for the Grand Prize Award.
- Studio Portraits
These portraits are defined by images created in a photography studio using natural light or strobes or any other type of lighting. Images photographed in a dance studio with studio lighting and a backdrop in a way that resembles a photo studio session.
- Performance Photos
These would be shots from rehearsals or live performances using stage lighting. Any performance shots where the photographer supplements the lighting with their own lighting should be in the On-Location Portraits or Fine Art.
- On-Location Portraits
These portraits can be photographed at any location indoors or outdoors that is not a photography studio. Lighting can be used in these images, or it may be natural lighting.
- Fine Art Portraits
These portraits may have been shot in a studio, on location, or at a performance or rehearsal. These may be composites. These images may also be eligible for the other categories, and yet submitted to the fine art category.
Grand Prize Winner
- Complimentary regular pass to the 2022 Pas De Deux Photo Conference with special Grand Winner lab
- Featured on Pas de Deux Photo webpage and in our social media
- B&H photo – $200 gift card
- Richmond Photo Labs – $100 gift card
- Savage paper – two 107”x 36’ rolls of Seamless Background Paper in the winner’s choice of colors ($120 value)
- GotPhoto – $500 credit to GotPhoto account with Entagged for free ($449 value) for a total value of $949
- 3-page spread and interview article and cover of inaugural issue of Pas De Deux Photo Quarterly (June 2021)
- 2 complimentary copies of Pas de Deux Photo Quarterly (June 2021)
- total value over $1800
- Complimentary regular pass to 2022 Pas de Deux Photo Conference
- B&H Photo – $100 gift card
- Richmond Photo Lab – $50 gift card
- GotPhoto : Summer Camp access (with Rose Coleman) (valued $149) & Quick Composition License for 12 months (valued $149) — Total of $298 per winner
- 2-page spread of their images submitted to the competition in the inaugural issue of Pas de Deux Photo Quarterly (June 2021)
- 1 complimentary copy of the magazine (June 2021)
- Featured on Pas de Deux webpage and in our social media
- total value over $745
- 1 photo – $25
- 2 photos – $50
- 3 photos – $75
- 4 photos – $100
- 5 photos – $100
- 6 photos – $125
- 7 photos – $150
- 8 photos – $175
- 9 photos – $200
- 10 photos – $200