Deadline: November 12, 2019
Entry fee: 10 images – $40
The Hopper Prize is offering 5 individual artist grants in the amount of $1,000.00 USD awarded through an open call art competition juried by leading contemporary curators.
- Total Awards: $5,000.00 USD for visual artists
- 5 artists will each receive $1,000.00 USD in unrestricted grant awards
- 30 artists will have their work archived at hopperprize.org
- Selected submissions will be featured on our Instagram feed @hopperprize
- Additional exposure will be available to winners through our Journal: Insights into Contemporary Art (https://hopperprize.org/journal/)
Connect with Curators
We work with leading curators to review your submissions. Our open call provides you with a direct path to get your work in front of these forward thinking exhibition makers.
Jurors for the Fall 2019 awards are:
- Karen Patterson
Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Lauren R. O’Connell
Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art
Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
We support photographers and artists working in all media, from diverse backgrounds, in wide-ranging geographic locations. Recent grant winners in photography inclue:
- Sydney Cook, Baltimore, Maryland
- Juan Giraldo, New York, New York
- Letitia Huckaby, Benbrook, Texas
- Lebohang Kganye, Johannesburg, South Africa
Our grants are available to photographers residing anywhere in the world. We are committed to supporting artists from diverse cultural backgrounds at all stages of their professional careers. All artists are encouraged to apply. We accept submissions in all media.
November 12, 2019
We made our grant application simple to reduce the stress of submitting your work and save you time. The application is short and can be completed in under 20 minutes.
To apply for a grant, you only need to submit this information
- Name & Email
- Instagram Username (optional)
- Up to 10 Image or Video attachments
- Artwork captions
- Artist Statement & Biography (optional)
- $40 submission fee
Feature Shoot Emerging Photography Awards