Deadline: September 5, 2020
Entry Fee: from $20 to $35
Prizes: participation in the online exhibition, promotion, certificates
“There are no rules. That is how art is born, how breakthroughs happen. Go against the rules or ignore the rules. That is what invention is about”
~ Helen Frankenthaler
Fusion Art is once again celebrating women artists with its 15th quarterly online art competition. For the 3rd Annual Women Artists art competition, the gallery invites both 2D and 3D submissions from women artists, only, regardless of their location or their experience or education in the art field.
Historically women artists have not received the respect and recognition that their talent deserves. Fusion Art wants to honor the greatness and talent of women artists. This is an international open competition so any subject matter and any media is acceptable. The work can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all women artists, over the age of 18, are encouraged to submit their best 2D and 3D representational and non-representational art and photography.
A three-month group online exhibition will be featured on the Fusion Art website starting September 15, 2020.
All competitions include awards in three categories – “Traditional” Art, “Digital & Photography” and 3-Dimensional Art (if the gallery receives 3D entries). Best in Show and 2nd through 5th Place awards will be given. The Best in Show winners will be invited to Fusion Art’s 5th Annual Group Show in Palm Springs in 2021.
Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given. Please see further information below under the Awards section.
The exhibition and winning artists will be marketed and promoted extensively through the gallery’s website, in hundreds of online press release announcements, email marketing campaigns to over 4,500 buyers, collectors, galleries and art professionals, online event calendars, through art news websites including ARTFIXdaily, Artweek/Artjobs, Art Guide and Art.base.co and through our extensive and continually growing social media network.
Artweek.com has 40,000+ newsletter subscribers and almost 300,000 website visitors per month, Art.Base.co has over 10,000 newsletter subscribers and in excess of 35,000 unique monthly visitors, the Art Guide is one of the most online referenced resources for art events locally, nationally and internationally, and ARTFIXdaily is the industry leader in curated news from the Art World.
- Best in Show will be awarded to one artist in each category – Traditional, Digital & Photography and 3-Dimensional (if the gallery receives 3D entries).
- 2nd through 5th Place awards in each category will also be given. Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
- The Best in Show winners will receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art’s 5th annual group show in Palm Springs in 2021.
- All award winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- The exhibition and winning artists will be marketed and promoted extensively through the gallery’s website, in hundreds of online press release announcements, email marketing campaigns to over 3,000 buyers, collectors, galleries and art professionals, online event calendars, through art news websites including ARTFIXdaily, Artweek/Artjobs, Art Guide and Art.base.co and through our extensive and continually growing social media network.
- A video of the group exhibition will be created and available on the website and Fusion Art’s YouTube channel.
- Links to the artist’s website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist’s website.
- Fusion Art’s objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers who see the artwork on the Fusion Art website will be directed to the artist for negotiation.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: June 15, 2019
- Deadline for Entries: September 5, 2020
- Opening of Online Exhibition: September 15, 2020
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: December 14, 2020 (remains on website under “Archived Exhibitions” for 3 years)
- $20 for 1 image
- $35 for up to 5 images