Deadline: October 1, 2020
Entry Fee: from $20 to $35
Prizes: Cash Prizes, participation in the online exhibition, promotion, certificates
“The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever”
~ Jacques Yves Cousteau
Fusion Art invites submissions for the 5th Annual Waterscapes art competition for an online exhibition during the month of October 2020.
For this competition, both 2D and 3D artists, worldwide, are invited to submit their best art depicting Waterscapes. The theme includes any art which depicts any type of body of water including the ocean, lakes, rivers, ponds, streams, etc. The theme includes coastal living, any ocean activities, seaside vistas, beaches, and any related seashore or lakeside subjects. It can also include rain, puddles and frozen waterscapes.
The artwork can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all artists, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best representational and/or abstract waterscapes art and photography.
All competitions include awards in three categories – “Traditional” Art, “Digital & Photography” and 3-Dimensional Art (if the gallery receives 3D entries). Best in Show and 2nd through 5th Place awards will be given. The Best in Show winners will receive a cash prize and an invitation to Fusion Art’s 5th Annual Group Show in Palm Springs in 2021.
Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
The exhibition and winning artists will be marketed and promoted extensively through the gallery’s website, in hundreds of online press release announcements, email marketing campaigns to over 5,500 buyers, collectors, galleries and art professionals, online event calendars, through art news websites including ARTFIXdaily, Artweek/Artjobs, Art Guide and Art.base.co and through our extensive and growing social media network.
Artweek.com has 40,000+ newsletter subscribers and almost 300,000 website visitors per month, Art.Base.co has over 10,000 newsletter subscribers and in excess of 35,000 unique monthly visitors, the Art Guide is one of the most online referenced resources for art events locally, nationally and internationally, and ARTFIXdaily is the industry leader in curated news from the Art World.
- Cash prizes will be given to the Best in Show winners in each category (Traditional, Digital & Photography and 3-Dimensional (if the gallery receives 3D entries).
- The Best in Show winners will be the “Featured Artists” on the website for the duration of the exhibition. The Best in Show winners will also receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art’s 5th annual group show in Palm Springs.
- 2nd through 5th Place awards in each category will also be given. Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
- All award winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- Video slideshows of the group exhibition will be created and available on the website and Fusion Art’s YouTube channel.
- Links to the artist’s website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist’s website.
- Fusion Art’s objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers who see the artwork on the Fusion Art website will be directed to the artist for negotiation.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: August 12, 2020
- Deadline for Entries: October 1, 2020
- Opening of Online Exhibition: October 5, 2020
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: November 4, 2020 (remains on website under “Archived Exhibitions” for 3 years)
- $20 for 1 image
- $35 for up to 5 images