Deadline: October 5, 2020
Entry Fee: $25
Prizes: participation in the online exhibition, promotion, certificates
“The main thing is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live.” ~ Auguste Rodin
Fusion Art is celebrating a very special milestone. October 2020 is the gallery’s 5th Anniversary and we are hosting a special 5th Anniversary art competition that kicks off a year-long online celebration.
For this open theme competition, both 2D & 3D artists, worldwide, are invited to submit their best artwork. Any subject matter and any media are acceptable and all artists, regardless of location or experience, are invited to submit their best representational and/or abstract art and photography.
This competition has a special discounted entry fee of $25 for 5 images ($5 an image). The exhibition will open on the website on October 15th and will be featured on the website’s home page for 12 months and will be promoted all year long in conjunction with other special events and promotions to celebrate the gallery’s 5th anniversary.
For this competition, the gallery will present awards in 3 categories – “Traditional” Art, “Digital & Photography” and 3-Dimensional Art (if the gallery receives 3D entries). Best in Show through 5th Place awards will be given. The Best in Show winners will be invited to Fusion Art’s 5th Annual Group Show in Palm Springs in 2021.
Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
The exhibition and winning artists will be marketed and promoted extensively through the gallery’s website, in hundreds of online press release announcements, email marketing campaigns to over 5,500 buyers, collectors, galleries and art professionals, online event calendars, through art news websites including ARTFIXdaily, Artweek/Artjobs, Art Guide and Art.base.co and through our extensive and growing social media network.
Artweek.com has 40,000+ newsletter subscribers and almost 300,000 website visitors per month, Art.Base.co has over 10,000 newsletter subscribers and in excess of 35,000 unique monthly visitors, the Art Guide is one of the most online referenced resources for art events locally, nationally and internationally, and ARTFIXdaily is the industry leader in curated news from the Art World.
- Best in Show will be awarded to one artist in each category – Traditional, Digital & Photography and 3-Dimensional (if the gallery receives 3D entries).
- 2nd through 5th Place awards in each category will also be given. Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
- The Best in Show winners will receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art’s 5th annual group show in Palm Springs in 2021.
- All award-winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- Video slideshows of the group exhibition will be created and available on the website and Fusion Art’s YouTube channel.
- Links to the artist’s website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist’s website.
- Fusion Art’s objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers who see the artwork on the Fusion Art website will be directed to the artist for negotiation.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: August 2, 2020
- Deadline for Entries: October 5, 2020
- Opening of Online Exhibition: October 15, 2020
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: October 14, 2021 (remains on website under “Archived Exhibitions” for 3 years)
- $25 for 5 images
Artists may enter the competition more than once if they have more than 5 works they want to be considered.