Opening: August 15, 2019
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Entry fee: $25
Prizes: $90, $175, $350, participation in the exhibition
Filter Photo hosts an annual call for proposals for the exhibition calendar at Filter Space.
We welcome photography proposals of all types, whether traditional or experimental or coming from an emerging curator or a veteran artist.
Filter Photo hopes to attract a broad range of proposals that reflect the creative diversity of the contemporary photography community.
Accepted proposals will receive
- A 4 to 6-week exhibition at Filter Space to take place 2020 – 2021
- At least 1 exhibition reception, with refreshments provided
- The opportunity to host an event in conjunction with the exhibition (e.g. a workshop or artist’s talk)
- Exhibition marketing including printed postcards, an email blast to Filter Photo’s mailing list and other social media promotion
In order to defray exhibition costs, Filter Photo offers a small stipend to accepted applicants.
- Solo Exhibition: $350
- Two-Person Exhibition: $175 each
- Group Exhibition (3-4 Artists): $90 each
Exhibition Review Committee
- Matt Austin – Founder Candor Arts
- Natasha Egan – Executive Director, Museum of Contemporary Photography
- Kris Graves – Photographer and Publisher, Kris Graves Projects
- Colleen Keihm – Executive Director, LATITUDE
- Tonika Lewis Johnson – Visual Artist and Photographer
- Juli Lowe – Director, Catherine Edelman Gallery
- Jennifer Murray – Executive Director, Filter Photo
- Rafael Soldi – Artist and Curator
- August 15th: Submissions Open
- October 31st: Submissions Close
- Mid-November: Exhibition Panel reviews proposals
- Late November: Applicants notified
- 2020 – 2021: Exhibitions take place