Deadline: November 30, 2020
Entry Fee: from £10 to £15
Prizes: £300, publication in the journal, participation in the online exhibition, certificates
Welcome to the first CUPOTY CHALLENGE – a special project running alongside the annual competition of Close-up Photographer of the Year.
CUPOTY 02 closed in May 2020 and CUPOTY 03 will open for entries in January 2021. The CUPOTY CHALLENGE runs throughout November and closes on November 30th, 2020.
The CUPOTY CHALLENGE has one category based on a theme. The theme of our first challenge is One Colour Frame – in praise of the power of colour.
Pictures can be of any subject but they must be a close-up, macro or micro photograph where a single colour or tone fills most of the frame.
Who can enter?
- Anyone, of any age, living in any country can enter.
- Photographs can be captured with any type of camera, phone or microscope.
- You may enter images that have already been entered into CUPOTY 01 and 02 but have not been included in The Top 100 winners galleries.
- David Maitland
- Robert Thompson
- Sue Bishop
- Nigel Atherton
- Matt Doogue
- Tracy Calder
- The winner receives £300 cash and will be featured in Amateur Photographer magazine.
- The best of the finalists pictures will be featured in Amateur Photographer magazine.
- The winner and finalist pictures will be displayed in our online winners gallery and will be included in any book or exhibition of CUPOTY 02.
- All shortlisted entrants will be showcased in the shortlist gallery on our website for one year.
- The winner and finalists will receive a digital badge and certificate, while the shortlisted entrants will receive a digital badge.
- International exposure in other publications and websites.
- £10 to enter 1 picture
- £15 to enter 3 pictures