Opening: July 19, 2019
Deadline: September 16, 2019
Entry fee: from $50 to $100
Prizes: $250, $1,000, $1,500, $2,500, participation in the exhibition
The Center for Photographic Art (CPA) is excited to announce the 2019 International Juried Exhibition with $6,000 in awards! Forty-five juror-selected photographs will be exhibited from November 2 through December 21 in our historic gallery in Carmel, California.
These photographs will also be featured in an online gallery on the CPA website along with an additional forty-five juror selected images. An exhibition catalog of the entire gallery and online exhibition will be available for purchase. An entry discount is available for new and current CPA members. Click here to become a member.
Juror: Paula Tognarelli
This year’s juror is Paula Tognarelli, the Executive Director and Curator of the Griffin Museum of Photography. The Griffin Museum of Photography located in Winchester outside Boston, Massachusetts, is a nonprofit photography museum whose mission is to promote an appreciation of photographic art and a broader understanding of its visual, emotional and social impact. The museum houses 3 galleries and maintains 3 satellite gallery spaces. The museum has been in operation for 25 years. Ms. Tognarelli has held positions at the museum since 2002.
Ms. Tognarelli is responsible for producing over 54 exhibitions a year at the Griffin and its surrounding satellite spaces. She holds an M.S. in Arts Administration from Boston University, BA from Regis College, is a graduate of the New England School of Photography and was a candidate for her Masters in Education at Lesley University. Prior to her career as an arts administrator she spent 25 years in the printing industry. She was named one of 12 women in the United States that contributed to moving the industry from an analog workflow to a completely digital process.
- The 2019 International Juried Exhibition (IJE) is open to all living photographers, worldwide, over the age of 18, working in all still photographic media. There is no theme; any subject matter is eligible.
- Photographs accepted for previous CPA IJE gallery or online exhibitions are not eligible.
- First Place: $2500
- Second Place: $1500
- Third Place: $1000
- Four awards of merit: $250 each
Early Submission Period: 7/19/19 – 8/22/19 11:59 PM MDT
- $50 (with member discount) CPA members may submit up to three images.
- $75 Non-members may submit up to three images.
Regular Entry Period: 8/23/19 – 9/16/19 11:59 PM MDT
- $75 (with member discount) CPA members may submit up to three images.
- $100 Non-members may submit up to three images.
All entrants are welcome to submit up to 17 additional images at a cost of $10 each for a total of 20 images.