Deadline: December 20, 2020
Entry Fee: only for selected artworks
Prizes: participation in the exhibition
ITSLIQUID Group, in collaboration with YMX Arts, is pleased to announce the open call for the exhibition MIXING IDENTITIES, third appointment of CANVAS – London International Art Fair.
Curated by Arch. Luca Curci, MIXING IDENTITIES will be presented in London at THE LINE Contemporary Art Space from February 05 to March 05, 2021.
The word “canvas” was used for the first time in Italy in the 14th century and it has become the most common support medium for oil painting, replacing wooden panels. During the centuries, the canvas’ meaning has changed, starting from paintings, throught the photographic and cinematographic film, exploring the human body, to the digital world. Canvas is the creatives’ common ground, on which they can express themselves. We invite all the artists to share their personal artistic research through any kind of media, from painting to sculptures and installation, from photography to videoart and live performance.
The concept of MIXING IDENTITIES is based on the reconstruction of new identities: the transformation of our identities is essential to face the changes of the contemporary world. The process of building ourselves passes through the continuous relations with other people’s identities and the identities of communities, cultures and societies. The event will be focused on the human body as a changing system that connects us with other bodies and spaces to perceive the surrounding reality; a strong communication system with its own language and infinite ways of expression. We invite artists to analyze the hidden parts of our identities, through an immersive experience inside the fascinating universe of the complex labyrinths of our consciousness.
CANVAS consists of 3 main events:
- THE SKIN PROJECT (September 03 / October 09)
- OUT OF BALANCE (October 22, 2020 / January 29, 2021)
- MIXING IDENTITIES
We are now selecting artists for the following upcoming exhibition:
- MIXING IDENTITIES from February 05 to March 05, 2021
The participation includes the following services
- exhibition space dedicated to the artist’s works
- assisting with customs formalities, international shipping and local transport
- assisting in finding accommodation for artist
- the design and the printing of invitation cards, posters
- the global and local press office, publicity, press, banners, totem, etc.
- the realization of the exhibition website and dedicated press releases
- mounting and dismounting of the exhibition
- exhibitions opening event with drinks and food
- a one day dedicated presentation, talk or workshop focusing on the artist’s career
- a dedicated live interview on MM Radio, published also on ITSLIQUID website and spread on our social networks
- providing services and drinks for small meetings at the exhibition places for invited guests
Artists, photographers, video makers, architects and performers are invited to submit their works. To take part in the selection, send your works’ submissions with a CV/biography, some still images (for video-art), links of videos/films/performances and pictures via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of works you can submit is unlimited. The participation in the festival requires an entry fee only for selected artworks. Participation is open to: artists, architects and designers, associate groups and studios.