Opening: August 15, 2019
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Location: British photographers
Entry fee: from £5
Prizes: valuable prizes
The BPA run an open, responsible competition aimed at celebrating photographic talent from all British and British-based photographers.
We work with a range of UK charities to operate a non-profit competition cashflow and we keep this completely ring-fenced from the rest of the business finance. This is integral to the model. Together we can use the massive power of photography to do real good in the world.
You can register for a free account and start using your work to support some important causes. Over 90% of the entry fee goes to a charity of your choosing, the rest is allocated for card processing fees and applicable VAT. Nobody profits off this revenue. At the end of the cycle all cashflow is made publicly available via our Competition Report and sent to the Fundraising Regulator.
The awards accepts a broad range of work from different disciplines and from all over the world. It is independently judged by some of the most respected names in British photography. We have expanded the awards offerings this year to include a Fashion, Events, Architecture and Fine Art categories.
Each year we use public ticket sales and corporate partnership to celebrate the photography competition’s results at a black tie gala at The Savoy in Central London. At the eponymously titled large scale awards event, we award industry greats and photographic influencers that have made their mark in the past 12 months as well as all the incredible talent from our competition.
In 2019 our audience potential topped 840 million people worldwide. This year we hope to greatly exceed this and showcase the creativity and dynamism of British photography to the world.
- Best Street Photographer
- Best Pet Photographer
- Best Wedding Photographer
- Best Portrait Photographer
- Best Drone Photographer
- Best Sports Photographer
- Best Documentary Photographer
- Best Fine Art Photographer
- Best Events Photographer
- Best Macro Photographer
- Best Land Animal Photographer
- Best Bird Photographer
- Best Water Life Photographer
- Best Landscape Photographer
- Best Selfie – Nominated
- Best Fashion Photographer
- Best Architectural Photographer
- 15th August – Competition Launches for Entries
- 31st October – Competition Closes for Entries
- 1st November – 2nd December – Shortlisting by Judges
- 2nd December – 2nd January – Public Voting & 2nd Round Judging
- 8th January – Invitations Go Out to Nominees
- 4th February – BPA2020 at The Savoy, London