Deadline: November 1, 2020
Entry Fee: from £5
Prizes: valuable prizes
The BPA is an independent photography competition open to all British-based photographers as well as all British photographers the world over.
The BPA run an open, responsible competition aimed at celebrating photographic talent from all British and British-based photographers. We work with a range of UK charities to operate a non-profit competition cashflow and we keep this completely ring-fenced from the rest of the business finance. This is integral to the model. Together we can use the massive power of photography to do real good in the world.
If you are British based of of British nationality anywhere in the world, you can register for free account and start using your work to support some important causes as the competition opens. After tax and card payments all of your entry fee (5GBP) goes to a charity of your choosing. Nobody profits off this revenue. At the end of the cycle all cashflow is made publicly available via our Competition Report and sent to the Fundraising Regulator.
The awards accepts a broad range of work from different disciplines and from all over the world. It is independently judged by some of the most respected names in British photography. We are expanding the awards offerings this year to include a Commercial Product Photography category.
Each year we use public ticket sales and corporate partnership to celebrate the photography competition’s results. At the eponymously titled large scale awards event, we award industry greats and photographic influencers that have made their mark in the past 12 months as well as all the incredible talent from our competition.
- Best Street Photographer
- Best Pet Photographer
- Best Wedding Photographer
- Best Portrait Photographer
- Best Drone Photographer
- Best Sports Photographer
- Best Documentary Photographer
- Best Fine Art Photographer
- Best Events Photographer
- Best Food Photographer
- Best Macro Photographer
- Best Land Animal Photographer
- Best Bird Photographer
- Best Water Life Photographer
- Best Landscape Photographer
- Best Selfie – Nominated
- Best Fashion Photographer
- Best Architectural Photographer
- Best Comercial Product Photographer
- 3rd August: Competition Launches for Entries
- 1st November: Competition Closes at 23:30 for Entries
- 4th November – 30th November: Shortlisting by Judges
- 3rd December – 3rd January: Public Voting & 2nd Round Judging