Deadline: August 30, 2020
Entry Fee: €15
Prizes: €2,000, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra smartphone
The concept of the Bird in Flight Prize is to support photographers who think outside the box of traditional artistic standards.
Our contest is not about photoprojects that cater to the existing general demand. It’s about discovering new ways to tell a story using the means and tools of photography. We encourage artistic freedom and diversity therefore we don’t impose time constraints upon our participants. We do not limit them in their choices of subjects and creativity methods. We also allow image editing as well as the usage of other images [as long as the copyrights are being observed].
The jury of the Bird in Flight Prize ‘20 includes curators, photographers, artists, and photo editors from the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, and Sweden.
First prize is €2000
The jury selects one winner out of the ten participating photographers from the shortlist.
Nomination Samsung Readers’ Choice Award
This nomination will consist of 30 photoseries selected by the editorial board of Bird in Flight. A winner will be chosen by open voting through the contest website.
The prize is a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra smartphone.
Twenty five participants will receive reviews of their works by the jury board members [online].
- We only accept photoseries of 5-12 photographs. If needed, authors may choose to Upload any other media file [Up to 40 megabytes each].
- Photographers from all over the world are welcome to participate.
- All are welcome to apply more than once or as many times as you’d like.
- We accept applications in English only.
- Technical requirements: we accept images of up to 5 megabytes in size, formatted as .jpg or .png.
- Photos, collages and all other images must be copyrighted by the applicant [or a copyright should be duly acquired in a legal manner].
- Application fee is 15 euros.
- Submission for the portfolio review selection costs extra 10 euros.