Deadline: August 31, 2020
Entry Fee: $20
Prizes: $2,500, $5,000, valuable prizes, publication in the book
Welcome to American Photography Open 2020, celebrating the best pictures submitted by world-wide photo enthusiasts taken with any device.
Photographers of all ages, backgrounds and experience levels are invited to enter the American Photography Open 2020 competition.
For over 30 years American Photography has been holding a juried competition primarily for professional photographers. The AP Annual book AP36, featuring the winners, continues but with the proliferation of so much great photography taken by everyone we are entering our third year of offering a competition for photo enthusiasts at all levels.
New this year!
In addition to the Open prizes our partner SanDisk will be awarding additional prizes for their “Share Your World” competition. To enter this part of the competition, select the “Share Your World” category and follow the instructions there. You can enter both competitions as many times as you wish.
All images on any subject matter are eligible as long as they were shot after January 1, 2019.
All Open winners will receive prizes including selected products/ services from our partners.
Open Grand Prize
- Tamron SP 24-70 /2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Canon or Nikon mount) lens or a 28-75/ 2.8 for Sony FF ML cameras
- SanDisk 1 TB Extreme Pro Portable SSD
- PhotoShelter 2 year Pro account
- 2 hour business consultation with The Photo Closer
9 Open Finalists Prizes
- Tamron SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Canon or Nikon mount) lens or a prime lens for a Sony FF ML camera (20mm, 24mm, or 35mm)
- SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO SD card
- PhotoShelter 1 year standard account
The SanDisk “Share Your World” Grand Prize winner
- $2500 Cash Prize in return for letting SanDisk use the image in marketing with photographer attribution for 18 months
- 1TB Extreme PRO Portable SSD
- 3 128GB Extreme PRO SD Cards
- 2 Runner Ups will receive 2 128GB Extreme PRO SD cards
- Final Deadline for all entries is August 31, 2020.
- As is previous years, an Open Short List of entries picked by our judges will be announced in September and a Community Gallery will be available for voting on the Pro Photo Daily Facebook page.
- In October the “Share Your World” winners selected by the SanDisk judges and the ten Open finalists (5 International and 5 from the U.S.) will be announced.
- The Open Grand Prize winner will be announced along with the Community Voting Award winners in November.
- The entire 2020 Open short list collection will be featured in a book that will be available to download for free or purchase as a hard copy.
- $20 (one image)
- Each additional entry will be $10