Opening: January 24, 2020
Deadline: May 6, 2020
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: €150, €750, €1,500
The pictures collected under this contest should portray the diversity of territories, societies and cultures of different continents in order to allow crossed looks on the changes which are taking place in different parts of the world, show different styles of social organization and space, capture signs of continuity and change, archaisms and innovations that manifest themselves in the most populous cities or rural areas, located in the most remote and distant and areas, which are facing depopulation.
The interpretation of the natural, economic, social and cultural landscapes validated in photos will make them an important component of territorial cooperation, as they are valuable resources of promoting the inclusion of remote and less visible regions.
- Landscapes, biodiversity and natural heritage (Natural resources and risks; use, management and planning of natural areas; diversity of contexts and intercourse between man and the environment, etc.).
- Rural areas, agriculture and settlement (Goods and agricultural products, organization of rural areas; places and rural architecture, mobility, etc.).
- The city and the urbanization process (City, architecture, regeneration and urbanization processes; landscapes, urban environments and experiences, etc.).
- Culture and society: cultural diversity and social inclusion(Constructed legacy and cultural heritage, ways of life and social conditions; fight against poverty and social exclusion, etc.)
Each candidate may only submit one portfolio with six (6) photos about a single subject of the contest.
- The acceptance of the competition photos begins on January 24, 2020 and ends at 24 pm on may 06, 2020 (Lisbon time).
- The Jury’s decision will be announced until 31st October 2020.
- The Overall Winner (1) for the best and most complete submitted portfolio will receive 1500 Euros
- The Winner of each theme (4) for the best and most complete portfolio will receive 750 Euros
- The Jury will also award up to 12 portfolios, being each one awarded with 150 Euros