Opening: April 1, 2019
Deadline: July 23, 2019
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: Travel Package to Sharjah, UAE
We are happy to announce the launch of this year’s Timothy Allen Photography Scholarship Award (TAPSA) for all photographers who are interested in travel and documentary photography.
The award will be offered to a total of 5 photographers who have entered a selection of photographs that represent the best of their work shot within the last 3 years. This portfolio of up to 10 images can comprise one or more stories of at least 5 images, a selection of single images or both single images and a story together.
Entries will be judged solely by myself. I will be looking for those photographers showing the most ingenuity and originality as well as photographic excellence in both image making and story telling.
The five winners will receive a ten day travel package to Sharjah, UAE including a five day location Workshop lead by myself, commencing on Saturday 14th September 2019. Winners will also receive entry to Xposure Festival and all auditorium and seminar sessions during the festival days 19th – 22th September 2019. Winners will also join me for all private functions and events during the festival, present their work live on stage in Xposure’s main auditorium and have their work included in the TAPSA Exhibition at Xposure. Winners will also receive a private portfolio review with one of the world’s leading photography experts.
Accommodation will be provided at a luxury hotel in Sharjah including all meals during your stay.
Criteria for Submissions
- Images should have been taken by you within the last three years.
- Each image should be recognisable as travel or documentary photography.
- Images should be submitted in JPG format and have at least 2700px along the widest side with a minimum file size of 2mb and max of 5mb.
How to enter
- Enter up to 10 images which together comprise a portfolio that you feel best reflects a broad representation of your current travel or documentary work.
- To apply: Register online from 1st April 2019 and submit your photography shot within the last three years, together with a short description for each shot.
The competition platform will close on 15th July 2019, at 11:00 pm GST.
Announcement of the 5 scholarship recipients will be made at the end of July.