Deadline: September 1, 2020
Entry fee: from £1 to £5
Prizes: £1,000, trophies, valuable prizes
Create an image featuring The Trafalgar Way and you could win £1000!
The Art and Photography competition invites entrants to explore and capture the route and geography of The Trafalgar Way in picture form, as well as learning something of its history.
The story of how news of the Battle of Trafalgar was rushed from Falmouth to London by relays of horse-drawn carriages conjures up the can-do attitude of Nelson’s Royal Navy.
The Trafalgar Way is the UK’s only designated historical coaching route, a vital artery that once passed through eight southern counties. Now we want you to explore that route with its many fascinating and beautiful features and create your own Postcard from The Trafalgar Way.”
Geoff Hunt PPRSMA (Marine artist, plein-air painter and competition judge)
- There are almost 40 chances to win an award in this competition, with top prizes including up to £1000, plus special trophies and lots of runner-up prizes to scoop.
- Main award winners will be invited to London on October 22nd 2020 for a private awards ceremony and spectacular concert which will feature their winning entry.
- All award-winning entries will be considered for a Postcards from the Trafalgar Way touring exhibition during 2021.
Entry fees (and prizes) vary according to age group:
- Age 7 to 11 – £1 per entry
- Age 12 to 16 – £2 per entry
- Age 17 to adult – £5 per entry