Deadline: May 31, 2020
Conditions: the competition is only open to amateur photographers
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: trophies, publication in the journal
The competition was launched in memory of Julian Gardner, a Sussex farmer and lifelong supporter of the GWCT, who was tragically killed while defending his property in October 2010. A very kind donation from Julian’s family and friends enabled the GWCT to buy the two trophies, which are presented to the winners to display for the next year, as well as prints of their award-winning photographs.
The competition is open to all amateur photographers, not just our members, and is related to our research and advisory work – taking in all aspects of the UK countryside, including the people who live and work there, game, wildlife, all the various habitats and of course landscape.
- Adult section
The winner will be awarded the GWCT Julian Gardner trophy – a sculpture of a hare
- 16 and under section
The winner will be awarded the GWCT Julian Gardner junior trophy – a sculpture of a leveret
The top three winning photos from each section will be printed in our membership magazine Gamewise and featured on our website. The images will be judged by James Swyer (Press and Publications Manager), Joel Holt (Communications Officer) and Dr Jen Brewin (Writer and Research Specialist).
- The competition is only open to amateur photographers
- Entries must not have been offered for sale or have won other competitions and they must have been taken in the UK
- Images of zoo and captive animals will not be considered
- You can enter a maximum of two photographs in colour or black and white; any photos you attempt to submit after the first two will not be accepted for the competition
- Only digital entries supplied as high-quality JPEGs (a minimum size of 1MB, maximum 6MB) will be considered
Closing date for entries is 31 May 2020.
Visdecor Photo Contest