Deadline: October 30, 2020
Entry Fee: Free
Prizes: $350, $500, $750, certificates
Skills in Action Photo Competition 2020 “Skills for the future”
Are you an amateur or professional photographer with an interest in youth skills? Don’t miss your chance to enter the UNESCO-UNEVOC #SkillsinAction Photo Competition!
Am I eligible to participate?
You are eligible to participate as long as:
- you are at least 18 years old.
- you are the owner or copyright holder of the photo entry/entries.
What should my photo show?
Photos should highlight the innovative aspects of technical and vocational education and training (TVET).
We want you to capture interesting moments showcasing how TVET is equipping young people with skills for the future. The focus should be on one or all of the following:
- TVET for a sustainable future – photos highlighting how skilled young people are applying their knowledge and training to contribute to a greener and more sustainable future.
- Preparing for a digitalized world – photos highlighting how the digitalization of TVET is helping to build skills and competencies for the changing future of work.
- Skills for inclusive growth – photos highlighting the importance of ensuring equal access to innovative, future-oriented TVET, regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality or disability.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Decide which thematic area you would like to focus on. This will ensure that your entry avoids being filtered out for not adhering to the themes.
- Use a camera that can output high-resolution photo with a minimum of 3000 pixels on the longest side with 300 DPI/PPI setting. Exempted from this are photos taken using mobile phones in the highest resolution (the acceptance of the entry is based on the quality and is subject to our decision).
- Ensure that you have the approval/consent of the people in the picture, especially if the focus is on a single person. You are encouraged to use this form:
- You can make simple edits to the photo but these need to be specified in the form.
- Don’t submit an entry of a photo collage (multiple photos on one frame)
- Don’t put watermarks, signature or any overlays on your picture
- Don’t send pictures that are not related to any of the thematic areas.
- 1st prize – 750 USD
- 2nd prize – 500 USD
- 3rd prize – 350 USD
Winning photographers and finalists will receive a certificate, and their entries will be featured on the UNESCO-UNEVOC website and across various social media platforms. All submissions received will be considered for inclusion in future UNESCO-UNEVOC media campaigns, publications and promotional material.