Deadline: September 4, 2020
Entry Fee: Free
Prizes: publication in the calendar
Welcome to the judges for the new, digital OUTDOORS Photo Contest organized by Santa Monica Mountains Fund and Western National Park Association.
The deadline for entries is September 4th, 2020.
Due to COVID 19, we’ve changed the rules. You can use any photo already on your phone or camera – no need to go out and take one specifically. Help us celebrate the great outdoors even if it’s your own backyard!
The winning photo in each of the following categories will be selected to appear fully credited in the OUTDOORS calendar of 2021.
Each photo should conform to one of the 12 themes:
- Flora: plants & trees
- Fauna: animals (pets or wildlife)
- Landscapes: wide vistas, mountains, scrublands
- Human History & Heritage
- Geological Formations
- Water: Falls, Creeks & Ponds
- Canyons & Valleys
- Moonlight & Stars
- Sunrise & Sunsets seen from SMMRA
- SMMRA Coastline
- Recreation: showcasing the opportunities for cycling, hiking or horseback riding
- Your backyard or other location
Each month in the calendar will represent one theme.
What to Enter
- Your favorite Photo! That might be plants, trees, insects, ponds, creeks, sunrises, the coastline, your family cycling, close-ups, black & white, landscapes, the moon, etc. It’s to create a beautiful calendar starting January 2021. What would you like to see on the front cover?
- There is a limit of 5 entries per person.
- This year’s OUTDOORS Photo Contest (the “Contest”) begins in March 2020 and ends September 4, 2020, 21:59 PST
- All submissions must be received by September 4, 2020, by 21:59 PST
- Winners will be contacted by October 15, 2020
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit.