Deadline: August 13, 2020
Entry Fee: Free
Prizes: $80, $150, $250
Legendary historical monuments like Eiffel Tower, Pyramids, and Brooklyn Bridge have expressed their cultural heritage for decades and take us back to the roots. Every building stone, artifacts, ancient tree, or even the grain of sand is woven with human stories. But the modern era’s memories are turning around the coffee house on the corner, a sweet candy store in the downtown, amazing movie house, wooden swings in a park, or the old school building. Our memories also take pride in a daddy’s worn-out military jacked or uncle’s rusty Chevy truck.
Can the objects of our daily life breathe its history too? Find a way to make a photo documentary, photo collage, photo story, photo journal about a thing or place that can connect to your roots.
- Use 5-10 original and good quality photos or scanned images from your vintage photos.
- Create a brief description and caption to each photo to make the story comprehensive, engaging, and expressive.
- Use your original content, plagiarized text will lead to disqualification
People who get nostalgic about the things and places that breath with their ancient roots.
The contest entries will be judged. The Contest Sponsors will choose the winners based on following criteria:
- The submitted story must meet all the content requirements
- The content should be creative and engaging ( Remember you are writing for an International audience)
- Image quality and authenticity matters
- First prize – $250
- Second place – $150
- Third place – $80
JPEG, PNG – minimum resolution of 1920×1080 and maximum size 10MB
By submitting your content in the call, you grant Frsthand the right to share and promote your work on the platform and FrstHand social media channels, including the use of a commercial nature. You must own and control the copyright to all photos you submit. FrstHand can guarantee appropriate attribution.