Deadline: March 27, 2020
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: £2,000 cash bursary
Who Can Apply
The award is open to photographers who are either UK citizens or currently resident in the UK.
The award is for photographers at early-to-mid career stage. By this we mean a working professional photographer, probably trained, with some experience, but who does not yet earn a full living wage from their preferred style of photographic work.
There is no age limitation, and no requirement for art school or university education.
We warmly encourage photographers from culturally diverse backgrounds, those whose gender identity is non-binary, and those with disabilities.
Please note that we do not fund current undergraduates, or full-time students on any course. We also do not fund work that forms part of a postgraduate degree.
What are We Looking For
We will fund a stills photography project that is either brand new, or in its earliest stages, and which you can undertake by the end of 2020. The Trust must be the primary funder of the project and we will not fund projects that are already well underway. Therefore, you should apply with a project of suitable size for a £2,000 bursary.
We’ve used the word ‘narrative’ to describe the kind of photography we want to fund. This is because what’s most important to us is to tell human stories within a social or political context. While this is often approached through documentary photography or photojournalism, we are also open to photographers who work across genres such as fine art or portraiture.
The Winner Receives
- £2,000 to cover all costs (including personal fee) for the project
- Twenty 12×16 premier prints of the work, worth £1,000 (or equivalent print order by agreement) from Metro Imaging plus lab tour and portfolio review with creative director Steve Macleod
- Support from the Trust throughout the project, and promotion of your work through our online channels
- Travel expenses (within the UK) for project meetings in London with the Trust and Metro Imaging
- Membership of Shutter Hub
Moscow Foto Awards