Opening: January 1, 2020
Deadline: March 9, 2020
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: ₣5,000, ₣80,000, publication of a book
The Prix Elysée is open to promising photographers or artists using photography, regardless of nationality, who have already enjoyed their first exhibitions and publications. Photographers must be recommended by a reputed professional in the fields of photography, contemporary art, cinema, fashion, journalism or publishing.
There is no imposed theme or preference for any particular photographic genre or technique.
The Musée de l’Elysée will select eight nominees upon their entry portfolios. Each will receive a contribution of CHF5’000 towards the initial presentation of an original and new project in the nominees’ book, published for the occasion. This book will accompany the nominees’ complete portfolios in the final consideration before the jury of experts. The winner will receive CHF80’000 to be divided between the completion of the proposed project and the publication of the accompanying book within one year. A curator from the Musée de l’Elysée will advise the winner throughout this process. Both the project and book will be presented at one of the Museum’s most important events. The nominees’ and the winner’s books will be printed by one of the Sandoz Family Foundation printing companies.
- January 1, 2020 – Applications open, Prix Elysée 4th édition.
- March 9, 2020 – Applications close.
- June 2020 – Announcement of the eight Prix Elysée nominees. / Presentation of Luis Carlos Tovar’s project, winner of the Prix Elysée 3rd edition.
- January 2021 – Publication of the Prix Elysée Nominees’ Books.
- June 2021 – Announcement of the Prix Elysée winner.
- January 2022 – Application submission open, Prix Elysée 5th edition.
- June 2022 – Announcement of the eight Prix Elysée nominees / Presentation of the 4th edition winner’s project.