Deadline: August 31, 2020
Entry Fee: Free
Prizes: $5,000, participation in the exhibition
Our esteemed jury is looking for compelling, dynamic and impactful images that tell the story of the challenges facing those people living in human rights crisis zones as well as photos of hope that depict the heroes working to deliver solutions to the difficult realities in their regions.
The 2020 Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Competition will accept submissions from May 8, 2020 to August 31, 2020.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter
- All entries must be submitted between May 8, 2020 12:00AM EST and August 31, 2020 11:59PM PST
- All photography must relate to human rights issues illustrating courage, despair, hope, injustice, hate, compassion, human rights failures or victories in ways small and large
- Must include title, date, location, description and photographer name of each photograph submitted
- All images must have been taken between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020.
- The Global Prize Recipient will receive $5,000 USD
- The Global Prize Recipient and Top 10 Finalists’ photographs will be exhibited at the United Nations Headquarters in NYC and Fotografiska New York
The Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Recipient and Top 10 Finalists are announced annually on December 10th – UN Human Rights Day. Along with a $5,000 USD cash award, the Global Prize brings a large amount of industry recognition, prestige and exposure for the winning photographer as well as the human rights issues depicted in the images.
Adding to the prestige of the initiative, is the eminent jury that selects the Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Recipient and the Top 10 Finalists which consists of world-renowned photographers, human rights experts, journalists and photo editors.