Opening: May 1, 2019
Deadline: October 15, 2019
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: $5,000, participation in the online exhibition
Seeking The Best Human Rights Photography
Our esteemed jury is looking for compelling, dynamic and impactful images that tell the story of the challenges facing those people living in human rights crisis zones as well as photos of hope that depict the heroes working to deliver solutions to the difficult realities in their regions.
For more information about human rights and to reference the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the milestone United Nations document outlining the fundamental human rights to be universally protected by every nation, visit: www.ohchr.org
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter
- All photography must relate to human rights issues illustrating courage, despair, hope, injustice, hate, compassion, human rights failures or victories in ways small and large
- All images must be taken within three (3) years of entry date
- All entrants may submit up to five (5) photographs
- All rights to photography remain with the photographer
In 2019, the Top 10 finalists’ photos will be exhibited at the United Nations General Assembly Gallery in New York City. An opening reception will be held for artists, UN dignitaries and media to announce the winner on December 10th — Human Rights Day.
United Nations Gallery NYC
The winner of the Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize will be announced on UN Human Rights Day in conjunction with the opening reception for the Photography 4 Humanity Exhibition at the United Nations Headquarters. The winning photographer, who will be selected by an eminent jury of photo editors, journalists and human rights champions, will receive a $5,000 USD cash prize and will have their photo promoted in all relevant media worldwide.