Deadline: January 31, 2021
Entry Fee: Free
Prizes: valuable prizes
Olympus is continuing to search for the best light microscopy images in 2020.
Olympus’ second Global Image of the Year Life Science Light Microscopy Award recognizes the very best in life science imaging worldwide.
Participants can win an SZX7 microscope with a DP27 digital camera or a CX23 microscope.
One global winner and one regional winner from the participants in each of the three regions (Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Americas) will be selected.
SZX7 Stereo Microscope with DP27 Digital Camera
- Wide zoom ratio (7:1) and natural view
- System modularity
DP27 Digital Camera
- 5 megapixel color CCD
- High quality color and fidelity with high pixel resolution for documentation
- Optimized contrast and color modes for brightfield observations
CX23 Upright Microscope
- Diverse, user-friendly design
- Outstanding optical performance
- Long lifetime LED illumination
- You can upload your microscope images between September 15, 2020 and January, 31, 2021.
- The winners will be notified in March, 2021.
Anyone over the age of 18 can participate. Olympus employees, their families, the judges, their families, and individuals engaged in the manufacturing or sales of microscopes are excluded from participation.
You can upload up to 3 images. All images must be JPEG or TIFF and have a maximum file size of 10MB.
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
After participating in the competition your image might also be depicted in Olympus campaigns worldwide and you grant us the corresponding rights of use. You will be credited as the image creator so please be aware that you have to be the originator of the uploaded images and that images have to be free from any third party rights.
Our jury will judge the submitted images on artistic and visual aspects, scientific impact and microscope proficiency.