Deadline: November 30, 2019
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: €1,000, €10,000
Kunstwerk Carlshütte is a non-profit cultural initiative and organizes NordArt, which has been held annually since 1999.
NordArt is one of the largest contemporary art exhibitions in Europe, which is redesigned annually and which presents more than 200 selected artists from all over the world – internationally renowned artists and as well as newcomers. As an internationally established forum for cultural education and exchange, NordArt has dedicated itself to the task of enhancing mutual understanding through the language of art.
Artists from all over the world can apply to participate in the exhibition. The selection of artworks takes place until the end of February 2020 by a jury. A list of selected artists and special projects will be published on our website by the beginning of March 2020. All invited artists will be informed and asked to confirm their participation and to send the documents for the catalogue. The delivery of selected artworks is scheduled for the end of April.
Painting, Sculpture, Installation, Photo, etc.
Selection of artists
Selection of artists takes place by the end of February 2020 by a jury. The jury is made up of curators, artists, an art historian, and the supervisory board and management. A list of the invited artists will be published online on our website by the beginning of March 2020.
- Official pre-opening with invited guests: Friday, 5 June 2020
- Public Opening Ceremony: Saturday, 6 June 2020
- Opening times till Sunday, 11 October 2020
- The NordArt Prize worth 10.000 euro has been sponsored by Hans-Julius and Johanna Ahlmann (ACO Group) since 2010. Each year one artist is awarded with the aim to support the art and culture scene.
Public Choice Award
- Visitors of NordArt can vote for their favourite artist. The three winning artists will be informed and invited to the prize giving ceremony. Each award is worth 1.000 euro.