Deadline: October 6, 2020
Entry Fee: Free
Prizes: €500, €1,000
The ‘Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image’ is a yearly photographic contest and exhibition. It seeks to recognise the very best yacht racing image taken during the year, that best represents the essence and excitement of yacht racing as a sport.
The contest is open to professional yacht racing photographers from all over the world.
Exceptionally in 2020, and as a direct consequence of the coronavirus, the award will celebrate the best sailing images taken since 1 January 2000 as part of a unique event designed to celebrate sailing photography and its authors: the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image of the Century.
- The ‘Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image’ (main prize), awarded by a panel of international specialists from the yacht racing and photographic industries.
- The‘public prize’, selected by the number of popular votes on Internet.
- The ‘Yacht Racing Forum Award’, decided by the delegates of the Yacht Racing Forum.
The winner of the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image 2020 will be announced on November 24, during a public ceremony held at the Yacht Racing Forum on 23 and 24 November in Portsmouth, UK. He / she will receive at least € 1’000 prize money.
The winners of the YRF delegates and public award will be announced and celebrated at the same time. They will each receive at least € 500 prize money.
- Photographers can submit only one photograph.
- The photos submitted must have been taken between January 1, 2000 and October 6, 2020.
- The subject of the photograph is boat racing in all its forms, from classic yachts to top-end racers, including multihulls, dinghies, windsurfing and kitesurfing.
- The pictures submitted must have been taken during regattas (including the start procedure and the minutes following the arrival line crossing).
- Only photos that have not yet been submitted for the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award will be accepted.
The ‘Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image is organized and owned by MaxComm Communication.
Based in Geneva, Switzerland, MaxComm is a communication and events management agency that specializes in the design and implementation of strategic communication programs as well as media relations.
MaxComm is active in various fields including sport, sustainable development and corporate communication. Founded in 2006, the agency be fits from 20 years of experience in the fields of media, sponsorship and event management.
MaxComm organises and owns amongst others the Yacht Racing Forum, the leading annual conference for the business of sailing and yacht racing.
MaxComm also organises the Mirabaud Sailing Video award, a yearly video contest and exhibition that seeks to recognise the very best yacht racing video taken during the year, which best represents the essence and excitement of yacht racing as a sport.