Opening: September 1, 2019
Deadline: December 1, 2019
Entry fee: 22 € per participant, youth (less than 20 years): free
Prizes: €300, €3,000, valuable prizes, honorary diplomas
The Maria Luisa Memorial is calling, one more time, photographers and filmmakers, both amateurs and professionals, to the thirtieth edition of their contest, with the purpose of being able to find new and innovative images that allow us to continue with the promotion of the artistic work at the same time as with the diffusion of the natural environment and its necessary protection.
Mountain, nature, wildlife, mountaineering, climbing, landscape, underwater world, biodiversity, flora, extreme and adventure sports, etc. will be the reference of the edition in this contest one more year, not only in the photography categories but in the section dedicated to videos, films and documentaries as well. In addition, on this occasion, a new thematic category dedicated exclusively to photography with drone, aerial or overhead perspective is called.
All photographers and filmmakers who so desire, amateur or professional, may take part. The participation fee for this year will be 22 euros (VAT included) for adult photographers, a single payment will allow competing in all categories including videos and films; for the novice-under 20 photographers, participation is free.
- A/ Mountain Landscape
Captions showing mountains and their environment, in any of their forms.
- B/ Alpinism
Captions showing alpinism, climbing on ice, mountain ski and the world of heights from a sports point of view, as well as the rest of the sports typical of high mountain and winter mountain.
- C/ Mountain climbing
Captions showing rock climbing, bouldering and the vertical world.
- D / Adventure and extreme sports
the purpose of this thematic category will be the photographs of all types of adventure activities and extreme sports which are practiced in the area mountains and nature, other than those referred to in paragraphs B / and C /, such as kayaking, highline, mountain biking, paragliding, mountain running, canyoning, caving, cave diving, scuba diving, wingsuit, surf, etc.
- E / Man in the Mountain and / or Nature
the photos showing a socio-cultural content referred to the native people of the mountains and to natural environments, as well as to their customs, traditions and ways of life, also those representative of hiking and trekking activities which can take place in these natural areas will fall within this category.
- F/ Animal World
Any animal photographed in their environment.
- G/ The world of birds
any bird photographed in their environment.
- H/ Vegetal world
Any vegetal species photographed in its environment. Fungi are included.
- I / Submerged World
The theme of this category are the photographs of fauna, flora and ecosystems characteristic of the submerged areas, both freshwater and saltwater.
- J/ Biodiversity
captions in this category will show animals or plants in their natural habitat. Judges will take into account the link between the different species and their environment and, also, the image composition criteria on the environment.
- K/ Nature landscapes
Rest of landscapes not included in the A Category.
- L/ Creative photo
Captions where forms, textures, colours, etc are determining in the composition. Abstract and creative photo.
- M/ Macro picture
the world of the smallest ones. Macro photography.
- N/ Topic of the year
Photography using drones, with aerial and zenithal perspective: The mountain, nature and adventure as well as the life forms that are their own and any of the sports that are practiced in them, photographed using a drone, with aerial or zenithal perspective.
- O/ Videos, films or documentaries
Its conductor axis should be the mountain, nature and / or adventure, as well as sports and other activities that are practiced in those environments, referring to its theme to any of those described for the previous categories.
- The Overall Winner of the “XXX Memorial Maria Luisa”, will be awarded a cash prize of 3.000 Euros, a Trophy, a Diploma, a book portfolio and two invitations to the awards gala
- Winner Prize of each Category: € 300, Trophy, Diploma, a book portfolio and two invitations to the awards gala
- Young Photographers Prize: It will be awarded to the best photograph submitted by contestants not having reached the age of 20 years on 1st December 2019. It will consist of a Samsung Tablet 4G, trophy, diploma, book portfolio and two invitations to the awards gala
- Special award for the theme of the year: it will be a Citizen Watch, Pilot Titanio, AS 2031-57E, trophy, diploma, a book portfolio and two invitations to the awards gala
- Award for best video, film, documentary of 30 MML-Photo. This prize will be endowed with a voucher worth 3000 euros, which can be exchanged, directly and at the request of the winner, for products marketed by Foto Ruano, trophy, diploma, book portfolio and two invitations to the awards gala