Opening: September 1, 2019
Deadline: December 15, 2019
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: €5,000, €15,000, participation in the exhibition, publication in the journal
Since its creation, the Rencontres d’Arles has been a force for the promotion of photography and all its players, from photographers to exhibition curators and publishers.
In that spirit, the festival wishes to open the Louis Roederer Discovery Award up to galleries, often the first to spot tomorrow’s talent.
Now they can propose a show featuring an artist they support and whose work has just been discovered by an international audience or deserves to be.
Ten of the submitted exhibition projects will be shortlisted and mounted at the next edition of the Rencontres d’Arles. Then, during opening week, a jury will bestow the Louis Roederer Discovery Award on the winning artist and his or her gallery in the form of an acquisition to the amount of €15,000. The public will vote for the €5,000 People’s Choice Award.
- September 1, 2019 – Opening of online applications
- December 15, 2019 – Deadline for online applications
- 24 January, 2020 – Announcement of the shortlisted projects on the Rencontres d’Arles website
- March 2020 – Attribution of exhibition space
- Week of May 18, 2020 – Reception of the works in Paris or Arles
- June 1 — 6, 2020 – Mounting of the exhibitions
- Summer 2020 – Exhibition of the 10 Louis Roederer Discovery Award projects at the Rencontres d’Arles