Opening: April 30, 2019
Deadline: July 15, 2019
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: Valuable Prizes, Certificates
Professional and amateur photographers from all over the world are invited to take part in the International Photo Contest on greener healthcare waste management, which will be held from April 30 to July 15, 2019. Participation of healthcare, environmental health workers, women and youth from developing countries is particularly welcomed.
To increase public awareness on the issues related to healthcare waste treatment and management (HCWM) through visual and artistic medium and
To promote best practices on HCWM along with non-incineration waste treatment and mercury-free technologies for greener healthcare practices.
- To participate in the contest please fill out the online application form, attach your photo and submit until July 15, 2019.
- Participation in two categories of the contest (by submitting by one photo for each category) is allowed.
1. Healthcare Waste Management for People and Planet
- Alternatives to healthcare waste burning/incineration
- Mercury-free healthcare
- HCWM for better infection prevention
- Women and HCWM
2. Greener healthcare I want to see in the future
Submit a photo that shows your awareness on healthcare waste issues such as what impact it has on environment, what innovations and practices are introduced to minimize it.
You may also wish to express a creative vision of healthcare you want to see in the future, to demonstrate positive changes you want to see on food chain/soil, fishes/water or breath/air.
- In total, 8 prizes of $400 vouchers/cheques (or whatever is applicable)
- Appreciation certificates for tbe best 30 photos
- Official launch of the photo contest: April 30, 2019
- Submission of applications: April 30 – July 15, 2019
- International jury voting: July 15 – July 22, 2019
- Announcement of winners: July 22, 2019