Deadline: December 7, 2019
Location: France, Singapore
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: participation in the exhibition
This is an international open call for the 10th France + Singapore Photographic Arts Award (FSPAA), an award that aims to feature French and Singaporean professional artists. Providing a platform to showcase their creative talents to an international audience, this award raises awareness of the experimental and emerging styles of photographic art. It is also organized to promote the exchange of artistic knowledge, experiences, and ideas between the artists from France and Singapore.
Applicants are required to propose 3 to 6 photographs. A judging panel consisting of 3 professionals from the creative industry will select 10 finalists from the open call proposals. If you are selected to be one of the top 10 finalists, 3 of your artworks will be exhibited at the finalist group exhibition held at la galerie from 8 January 2020 – 1 February 2020. The winner of the competition will be announced on the opening night of finalist group exhibition.
The GRAND PRIZE for the winner is a SOLO EXHIBITION at la galerie in 2020!
- Lee Chor Lin, Independent Museum and Art Consultant
- Gwen Lee, co-founder and director of Singapore International Photography Festival and DECK
- Lavender Chang, Singapore-based photographer
Theme: Celebrations are the juice of life
Life should not only be lived, it should also be celebrated. The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
Celebration does not have to be complicated, it could just be something simple and good. We may never get back the same moment in life, but we can record and capture those seemingly simple yet heartfelt sentimental moments in this lifetime worthy of celebration.
- You have to be a French or Singaporean citizen (including PR) to be eligible.
- Participants must be below 40 years old at the time of submission.
- 3-6 artworks submission that is relevant to the theme of the competition (the relevance should be explained in the artist statement)
- Submission must be recent artworks taken within last 2 years
- The complete proposal (with all the necessary contents included) needs to be submitted before the DEADLINE: 7 December 2019.