Deadline: February 1, 2021
Entry Fee: Free
Prizes: valuable prizes, publication in the journal
We’ve all been spending more time indoors lately, and while some travel and sites are still off-limits, photography gives us the chance to take in the sights and splendours of world archaeology from a distance. Whether you’ve been whiling away the hours looking back at photos from holidays past, venturing out for walks to local sites, or busy working on archaeological projects, we want to see your best recent photos on a heritage theme. Send them to us for your chance to win first prize in our annual CWA Photo Competition, and have your work showcased in the magazine.
The winning image and three runners-up will be featured in CWA. The overall winner will get a free 2-year subscription to the magazine.
Send Your Entries (maximum five per person)
- By email to email@example.com with the subject line: CWA Photo Competition 2021
- Or on a disc to CWA Photo Competition, Current Publishing, Thames Works, Church Street, London W4 2PD
Images must be high resolution
Please use the highest resolution you have, and include details of the site or artefact photographed, when each image was taken.
The judges’ decision is final, and prize-winners (only) will be notified of results by 15 February 2021
- Entrants can submit up to 5 images with an archaeological theme – please include details of the site or artefact photographed, when each image was taken, and your contact information, including a postal address.
- Photos of any world location may be submitted.
- Please use the highest resolution you have – so that it can be printed up to A3 size.
- Copyright will remain with the photographer. However, by entering this competition you agree to Current Publishing using the images for possible exhibition, publication or promotional use.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that all necessary permissions are obtained from any person featured in a photograph. Photographers flying drones should obtain required permissions from any site pictured.
- All photos entered must be done so under an individual’s name. By submitting images you confirm that you are the copyright holder and creator of the image, and that you will be responsible for any claims by any third party.
- Entrants must be 18 or over. The competition is open to all amateur and professional photographers. Amateur and professional entries will not be judged separately.
- The winner will be offered a free 2-year subscription to CWA . The judge’s decision is final. Prize-winners (only) will be notified of results by 15 February 2021.