Deadline: December 31, 2020
Entry Fee: Free
Prizes: $150, $300, $500
A global photo contest to inspire a vision for inclusive and sustainable cities
Share with the world, through photographs, what inclusive and sustainable cities mean to you
The Collaborative for Urban Resilience and Effectiveness (CURE) invites you to join us in raising our sight towards an inclusive and sustainable future for our world’s cities through the following themes:
Young people are burdened with the mistakes of previous generations but their leadership on these issues has already begun. Leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, so whether it’s innovating, educating, communicating, inventing, inspiring, or so much more, young people are already reshaping the world we live in to become more resilient in the face of challenges.
Environmental sustainability is key to the success of resilient cities and innovative sustainability solutions are happening every day. From big systemic changes to small acts of environmental kindness, sustainability means transforming how our cities interact with the natural world.
Equity & Social Justice
Urban resiliency problems have a discorporate impact on individuals and communities who are already the most vulnerable among us. Equitable and socially just solutions focus the greatest resiliency efforts on addressing the needs of these communities, because we are all only as resilient as those who are most at risk.
How to enter:
- Post your entry to Instagram with the hashtag #Curephotocontest.
- Post your entry to Twitter with the hashtag #Curephotocontest and tag our Twitter account @UBCSauderCURE.
- Email CURE@sauder.ubc.ca with the subject line: CURE Photo Contest 2020 with your name.
- First Prize: USD $500
- Second Prize: USD $300
- Third Prize: USD $150
All winners will also get a brief personality feature to be published on CURE website and social media channels.
A People’s Choice Award will be selected based on the number of likes and retweets on our Twitter account.
A Vision for Inclusive and Sustainable Cities
- Are there things you see that can inspire more innovation and action towards addressing deep-rooted and increasingly widening urban social, environmental and economic divides and disparities?
- Are there things you see that can inspire more of us to exercise voice and shape local action?
- Your entries can also include a gobsmacking view of a cityscape – the buildings and shacks, the residents, the natural environment – anything that can inspire action.