Opening: May 20, 2019
Deadline: June 16, 2019
Entry fee: 1 to 3 images – $15, up to 5 images – $25
Prizes: Participation in the Online Exhibition
Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives. Man’s life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self.
B. R. Ambedkar
Contemporary Art Gallery Online encourages entries from all 2D and 3D artists regardless of their experience,education in the art field or where they may reside. This is an international competition and everyone is encouraged to participate. A group exhibition of all entrants will be held online at the Contemporary Art Gallery Online following the close of the competition for thirty days.
Artists should submit their best representational and non-representational art related to the “Water/Seascape” theme. The “Water/Seascape” theme is considered to be any art with the subjects being scenes of coastal living, any ocean activities, seaside vistas, any related seashore subjects, and any type of body of water (ie. lakes, rivers, oceans, ponds, streams, etc.).
The theme extends itself to anything water. Rain, drippy faucets, icebergs, etc. If the theme or major component of your piece is “Water” it satisfies the theme requirement.
This competition will be judged within three categories;
- Photography & Digital Art
- Mixed Media and 3D Work
Awards will be given for the top 6 to 8 works selected in each category, (this will be depend on the number submissions in each category). In addition, depending on the amount and the quality of all submissions received, additional awards will also be presented.
$15 for 1 to 3 images and $25 for all images up to 5.
- Must be original work to the artist.
- Paintings, Photography, Digital Art, Sculptures, Mixed Media, 3 and 2 Dimensional art will be accepted.
- The artist must be willing to sell their work (print or original).
- All work must be available in both low resolution as well as high resolution form. For the purposes of this competition, low resolution files should be sent and not exceed 10 MB. High resolution files will be required for the Annual Anthology and any other print media for which your work may be selected.