Opening: October 1, 2019
Deadline: December 16, 2019
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: £500, £5,000, participation in the exhibition
BSA2019 Theme : The Art of Diversity
At Verizon Media, diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are and what we stand for. Our nine Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) play a significant role to foster inclusion within our company culture and drive a positive change within our society.
The idea of launching an international art competition follows the path of our Black is the New Black initiative last year. This year, the United ERG wanted to go further and choose the context of the UK Black History Month to celebrate diversity. Diversity within the black community itself, but also diversity within the different communities living in our cities, or in the many ways we approach life and work. This competition is also about reminding ourselves of the importance of allies, and how allies can help to make things progress and create more awareness by being advocates of inclusion.
We all have a story and a relationship to diversity and we want to hear it from emerging artists, through their eyes and their art. Art is, after all, a conversation between a creator and an audience, and we want to start this conversation. Art influences our emotions and emotions are impacting behaviour. We want you to create and inspire change through your art.
So, how do you see and experience diversity in your city?
The artist covenants that any artwork submitted to The Bridgeman Studio Award 2018 must agree with the following:
- Competition open to all artists worldwide above the age of 18.
- Only one entry (Up to 5 images) is permitted.
- All artwork entered into the competition remains 100% copyright of the artist.
- An Artist can submit existing work as long as it fits the theme ‘The Art of Diversity.’
- All artwork can be used in marketing and advertising the competition from Bridgeman, Verizon Media, and other third parties.
- Entrants must give permission for their names and photographs to be used for publicity.
- The entry for the Bridgeman Studio Award can be any media (photography, illustrations, painting, paper cut etc.).
- All artwork must be 100% original copyright owned by the artist and not use any third party copyright material.
- Entries must be supplied as one high resolution .jpeg sized between 3MB and 5MB.
- Grand Prize
Win a £5000 commission to design a limited edition print & tote bag to be exhibited in a London exhibition in 2020.
- Runner Up Prizes
5 Runners-Up will also receive £500 cash and the opportunity to have their work exhibited in the London exhibition.