Deadline: December 16,2019
Entry fee: Professional – $20 per entry, Student – Free
Prizes: $3,000, $10,000, participation in the exhibition
The BarTur Award is open to those working in the fine arts, documentary, fashion, advertising, journalism and all other fields of photographic image making. You can echo the achievements of those who came before us. Or you can “push the envelope” with innovation. Whether you are inspired by your personal experience or by the urgent issues of our time, you are invited to share your vision.
This Year The BarTur Award is eager to support photographers whose work illuminates one of these two themes:
Unity in Diversity or Climate Change
With the return of an ultra-nationalism unequaled since the 1930s, the conflict in Syria that resulted in millions of refugees, conflicts in Africa, Middle East, Far East and North and South America and the continuing threat to humans life on earth posed by global warming, we believe these themes are timely and important.
- One Professional Winner: $10,000, winning photo(s) featured in four exhibitions, and BarTur Photo Award online gallery
- One Student Winner: $3,000, winning photo(s) featured in four exhibitions, and BarTur Photo Award online gallery
- Four Judge’s Choice Winners (two per category): winning photo(s) featured in four exhibitions and BarTur Photo Award online gallery
- Twelve Highly Commended Winners (two per category): winning photo(s) featured in four exhibitions and BarTur Photo Award online gallery
- The four exhibitions will be held in Copenhagen, Paris, Berlin, and New York throughout 2020.
Submissions will be evaluated by a world-leading panel of judges drawn from all areas of the professional photography industry. In addition to prizing, Winners, Judges’ Choice and Highly Commended applicants will receive feedback from the judging panel.
Submit your photos inspired by these themes as a Professional ($20 fee per entry) or Student (free entry).