Deadline: August 31, 2020
Entry Fee: $15 per photo
Prizes: $200, participation in the exhibition
Submissions are now being accepted for the annual Audubon Community Nature Center Nature Photography Contest.
The contest is open to photographers from around the world ages 8 and over.
- Adult: age 18 or older, or out of high school
- Youth: ages 8 to 18, or still in high school
- Wildlife Portraits
Any wild animal. No photos of animals in captivity, such as pets, zoos, or rehab animals.
- Macro Abstracts
Anything that is natural/wild such as flowers, insects, leaves, water droplets, eyes/feathers of animals, close-up textures in nature, etc.
- Habitats and Landscapes
Places that any wild animals live in and/or waterfalls, sunsets, mountains, etc.
Prizes and Recognition
- Six $200 Winners – 1 in each category for each division.
- 12 Finalists will be selected (6 youth, 6 adult)
- Winners’ and finalists’ photographs will be posted on this website. Winning photographers will receive cash prizes.
- Winners will be named in a news release that is widely distributed, including to their local media when known.
- Audubon will print the winning photographs to exhibit in the Nature Center.
The 2020 contest will be judged by Alex Shipherd.
- Contest opens February 1, 2020
- Deadline to apply: Sunday, June 28, 2020.
- Deadline extended to August 31, 2020.
- Winners announced in mid-September.
$15 per photo