Opening: August 23, 2019
Deadline: November 11, 2019
Location: US, DC and Canada
Entry fee: Youth – Free up to the first six images, Adults – from $4 to $20
Prizes: $50, $200 cash, $10, $25, $50, $75 gift cards, valuable prizes, photography workshops
We are very excited to introduce our first ever nature photography contest!
- Plant life and landscape
images can be of any scale from macro to landscape to astronomic images
images must feature one or more mammals, reptiles or amphibians – macro, micro or otherwise
images must feature one or more birds
- People in Nature
people out hiking or otherwise enjoying nature.
- Waterman Properties
any nature image produced from one of our six nature reserves:
– Apalachin Marsh
– Brick Pond
– Hilton Road Interpretive Center and Trails
– IBM Glen
– Hiawatha Island
– Pettus Hill Preserve
Contest submission is open to adults ages 18 and up. Youth entries, anyone younger than 18, are permitted with written consent from a parent or guardian.
- Cash Prizes of $200 for grand prize winner, $50 for each adult category winner. Youth will receive cash equivalent giftcards for $50 for first place and $25 for 2nd and 3rd
- Wild Birds Unlimited gift cards at $75 for grand prize and $25 youth 1st place
- Beyond the Print gift cards at $50 for grand prize winner, $25 for adult winner in each category, $25 for youth first place, $10 each youth 2nd and 3rd place.
- Free workshop admittance for one to a JW Johnston Photography workshop, “Composition Composition Composition” or “The Notion of Motion”, a $100 value.
- Hunts Photo and Video – 6 x $50 gift cards
- One half-day one-on-one photography workshop with Teri Franzen of Teri Franzen Photography, tailorable by the winner. Instruction can include a field shoot, basic to advanced exposure techniques, beginner to advanced post-processing in Lightroom/Photoshop, portfolio reviews, etc.
- One half-day one-on-one photography workshop with Bill Baburchak of Long Creek Photography, tailorable by the winner. Instruction can include a field shoot, basic to advanced exposure techniques, post-processing, etc.
- ADATA 128 GB micro-SDXC cards with adaptor donated from Unicorn Electronics awarded one each to youth first, second and third place winners
- Two Rivers Photography Club one-year, single membership, a $40 value
- Red River Paper $50 gift card
- Each of the 9 winning images will be printed at Beyond the Print, mounted on a backboard and displayed in the interpretive center gallery. After the display period, each winner will receive his or her printed image.
Early bird submission fees (through October 14th):
- Adults – $4 for 1 or $20 for 6 entries
- Youth – Free up to the first six images. Entries xceeding six images are the same as adults.
Late submission fees (October 15th through contest close):
- Adults – $5 for 1 or $20 for 5 entries
- Youth – Free up to the first six images. Entries exceeding six images are the same as adults.
Contest is open to all legal residents of the US, DC and Canada. Employees of Waterman Conservation Education Center and immediate family members are not eligible to participate.