Opening: February 10, 2020
Deadline: March 2, 2020
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: €200, €300, €400, 50%, 80% scholarship to study, participation in the exhibition, diplomas
FUNIBER has organized the international photography contest, PHotoFUNIBER’20, for the second consecutive year, as a space for contemplating images on diversity. We value plurality and talent, acting in more than 30 countries through distance education, with a network composed of students, professors and researchers from the different corners of the world.
We appreciate the critical, but positive, views on the future.
We organized the PHotoFUNIBER’20 contest, within the FUNIBER Cultural Works framework, with the aim of getting to know the varied perspectives on our world: perfectionism, intelligence, creativity, effort and the mysteries that surround us in photographs as chosen and constructed to telling stories.
Participation is open to any adult, amateur and/or professional photographers residing in any of the countries where FUNIBER is present, who may submit their own images that have not been prized in other competitions, nor have been used for commercial purposes, whether journalistic, advertising or other purposes, and fall within the contest’s topic.
Photos of natural surroundings, fauna, flora, water, among other natural elements
Photos of cultural elements such as architecture, dance, gastronomy, artwork, music
Photographs that express human complexities through people, events and actions that represent such human values as solidarity, cooperation, education and personal development
Photographs made with or without digital or photo manipulation, representing some idea, concept or original aesthetics
- The winner of each category chosen by the jury will receive a prize of €400 and an 80% scholarship to study one of the postgraduate programs promoted by FUNIBER
- The photograph in each category with the most public votes will also be awarded a prize of 300€ and a 50% scholarship to study one of the postgraduate programs promoted by FUNIBER
- A Special UNEATLANTICO Prize will be awarded to the 2 best photographs presented by postgraduate students with a FUNIBER scholarship, students and/or former students from any degree/bachelor’s of the European University of the Atlantic, with a prize of 200€ for each winner
- A Special FUNIBER Prize will be awarded to the 2 best photographs presented by postgraduate students with a FUNIBER scholarship, who have finished their studies or are currently studying. Two prizes of €200 each will be awarded
- There may be honorable mentions for each category. In this case, an accrediting diploma will be awarded, in addition to divulging the work through RRSS feed, FUNIBER communication platforms and exhibitions that may be created
The awarded works of PHotoFUNIBER’20 will be exhibited in the exhibition hall of the European University of the Atlantic, in Santander (Spain). The exhibition will afterwards be given a certain itinerancy through some of the countries where FUNIBER has a presence through its Cultural Works program.