Opening: August 1, 2019
Deadline: August 25, 2019
Entry fee: AUD$20 (approximately US$14)
Prizes: invitation to exhibit during Head On Photo Festival 2020
Head On Photo Festival is Australia’s leading photographic event and a highlight on the global arts calendar
The 2020 Festival is open to Applicants of any age, residing anywhere (not restricted to Australia).
We are looking for excellent work across still photography, multi-media and video art and welcome applications from individual artists, curators, groups and exhibition spaces/galleries; work can be recent or not.
We believe all photo-artists need a fair chance to show their work; proposals submitted through our submission process is judged without the artists’ names or pedigrees, so they stand on their merit alone.
AUD$20 (approximately US$14) per submission.
After the selection panel reviews the submissions, we will invite successful applicants to exhibit during Head On Photo Festival 2020 as either Associated or Featured or Head On Curated exhibitors.
The 2020 festival will take place in Sydney 1 – 17 May and will include outstanding international and Australian artists both emerging and well known.
- 1 Aug (Thu) –25 Aug (Sun) 2019: submissions
- 10 Sept (Mon) – 15 Sept (Fri) 2019: notification to Applicants
- 22 Sept (Sun) 2019: registration fees due
- 31 Jan (Fri) 2020: deadline to apply to mount any event related to the exhibition
- 7 Feb (Fri) 2020: deadline to complete webpages and upload exhibition images OR to contact Head On to discuss these details
- 14 Feb (Fri) 2020: Festival program closes
- 1 May (Fri) 2020: Launch of Head On Photo Festival 2020
- 2 May (Sat) – 17 May (Sun): Head On Photo Festival 2020