Opening: April 15, 2019
Deadline: May 28, 2019
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: $3,000, $7,000, $10,000
Getty Images mission is to move the world with images and we believe in this power, yet we recognize that breaking into the commercial industry can be difficult.
In a time when little budget exists for extensive creative art-directed shoots, establishing yourself as a new photographer is tougher than ever, yet in today’s digital age, it is vital as an industry that we continue to attract and nurture emerging photographic talent.
Getty Images Creative Bursary exists to provide emerging commercial talent with the financial freedom to explore their own projects of personal and creative significance – projects and productions that without funding, may otherwise not get off the ground. If you are a photographer who has been shooting for less than five years, you are eligible to apply.
Seeking to elevate the work of emerging photographers using their art form to create inclusive visual stories, in 2019, our Creative Bursary focuses on the LGBTQTIA+ community.
Three grants will be awarded to selected emerging creative commercial photographers, whose work focuses on evolving narratives surrounding the lives of LGBTQTIA+ using still photography.
Prizes and benefits
- First: – $10,000
- Second: – $7,000
- Third: – $3,000
- Additionally, the successful recipients are invited to license their award-winning content through GettyImages.com, at a 100% royalty rate for imagery created within their proposed project (please see T&Cs for details). You will also receive guidance and mentorship from one of Getty Images’ award-winning Art Directors, as well as a feature on our Creative Insights website, in addition to promotion on our relevant social channels. Please note, this additional support is not a requirement of the Creative Bursary and choosing to take advantage of this this opportunity is at your discretion.
- Links to existing portfolio of work online
- The submission must include: a 200-500-word summary of the project proposal and an inspirational mood board
- A short essay that outlines your approach
- All the required fields indicated on the application found on the Submittable website
- The proposals must be in English
- All submissions must be digital, Prints, books, slides or transparencies or other such materials will not be reviewed by judges nor returned to applicant