Deadline: March 15, 2020
Entry Fee: $35
Prizes: $250, $300, $500, participation in the exhibition
Female In Focus | We want to see work about, by, and for diverse groups of women. It’s the 100th anniversary of most women being able to vote. Suffragists fought for the right to vote, equal rights, financial equity, and so much more. Let’s celebrate women with this exhibition. All genders are eligible for this exhibition.
All capture types, photographic genres, and photographic processes are eligible for selection.
Juror | Lisa Volpe
Lisa Volpe is the Associate Curator, Photography at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Before arriving in Houston, she was the Curator of the Wichita Art Museum where she oversaw all areas of the museum’s collection. Additionally, she held various curatorial roles at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art (SBMA), and fellowships at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) and the Cleveland Museum of Art.
Our calls for entry are open to all photographers, worldwide. The Center invites photographers working in all photographic mediums, digital, film, mixed and unique processes to participate.
- Entries Due | March 15, 2020
- Notice of Acceptance | March 30, 2020
- Exhibition Dates | May 13, 2020 – June 13, 2020
- TRIFECTA Weekend | June 5, 6, 7, 2020
- Juror’s Award | $500
- Director’s Award | $300
- Travel Scholarship | $250
- Honorable Mentions
- Members | $30 for the six images
- Non-Member | $35 for the six images
- Additional images may be submitted for $5 each for members and $7 each for non-members. There is no limit to the number of images that may be submitted.
Artist Honors and Awards
All selected artists’ work is included in the online and in gallery exhibitions complete with artist website links. The Center also provides event press releases and social media promotions with an audience of 180,000+ followers internationally.