Opening: November 1, 2019
Deadline: March 15, 2020
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: $2,000, participation in the exhibition in Germany, publication in the book
This is an open call for artists to communicate what they see as the banality of evil in our daily lives. It poses a challenge to communicate that which has never been communicated before and create a platform for groundbreaking ideas to be brought into our collectivity.
Artists the world over are invited to submit work that will use art as the language to communicate their hopes in creating a new vision for the world.
Your piece of art should express, in your perception, the Banality of Evil in our Daily Lives, which has evolved out of our thoughtless behaviour.
Only one artwork per entry is accepted. A successful Your work must be submitted via email with a downloadable link for text, photographs and via Youtube for videos, along with the completed registration form, your CV, a title and statement about your art work and how it relates to the topic, as well as a statement about your work in general.
Artwork in the following categories can be submitted
- Painting & Drawing
- Photography and Media Art
- Performance Art
What Artists Receive
- Artists whose work has been selected to be part of the competition, will receive a “Thank You Certificate” for participation in the artist call.
- All selected artists it will gain exposure on our social media platforms, i.e Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with targeted international campaigns
- The top 10 artworks in each of the 4 categories which receive most public votes will proceed to the jury voting round and all 40 works will be exhibited at the final exhibition in Berlin, Germany.
- The top 40 artists will also have their work published in a book that will document the project.
- Only the winners (4) of each category will be invited to Germany to be a part of the exhibition to receive the art award.
- The winner of each category will receive US $2000
- The project will culminate in a final exhibition to be held in Berlin Germany in May of 2020
- As well as being part of the Berlin Exhibition, finalists will have the opportunity to gain exposure through media and a chance to travel to Berlin, Germany
Strong or Powerful Photo Competition – Exhibitions Without Walls