Deadline: August 31, 2019
Entry fee: 1-3 images – $25, 4-8 images – $45
Prizes: Publication in the Journal, Participation in the Online Exhibition
Water nourishes, cleanses, and renews. A drop of water can save a life. A torrent of water can destroy it. Water moves along the path of least resistance, yet can carve mountains. It can take the form of solid, liquid, and vapour. The meanings of water run deep across cultures and time, as seen in rituals, myths, and modern narratives.
Reveal your visions of WATER.
Submitted work can include visual art – paintings, drawings, photography, mixed media, digital, printmaking, installations, ceramics, fabric, jewelry, sculpture, and other 2- and 3-dimensional media – and written art – fiction, poetry, short stories and other written explorations (up to 900 words).
If your work is selected you will be:
- Announced as one of the selected artists/writers in the ArtAscent newsletter.
- Published in ArtAscent Art & Literature Journal – a beautiful collectable keepsake that is available in digital and print long after the release date. Your showcase includes your artist/writer website link and at least one of your submitted pieces.
- Showcased for at least two years on the ArtAscent website online exhibition, including your artist/writer website link.
- Listed by name online for at least two years on the ArtAscent website artist/writer listing directory.
- Promoted on the ArtAscent Facebook (16,000+ likes), Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram sites.