Opening: September 25, 2019
Deadline: February 29, 2020
Entry fee: £15 per individual submission, £10 for entrants under 24 years old
Prizes: £250, £1,000
The Visual Art Open competition is a not-for-profit event open to both amateur and professional artists based in the UK and internationally.
The aim is to give artists the ultimate platform to develop their passion and career in the arts sector. Finalists will benefit from exhibiting, selling and showcasing their work to art critics and buyers alike.
The competition is open to artists, working in one or more of the following media: drawing, printing, painting, photography, digital art, sculpture. There are no restrictions on age or place of birth.
- Painting & Mixed Media & Printmaking
- Illustration & Drawing
- Photography / Digital Art
- Young Artist (16 – 24 years old)
- Children’s Award (15 years and under)
Overall Winner Receives
- A Cash prize of £1,000 to support the production of new works.
- Commercial mentoring package.
- Stand space Chester Arts Fair 2021 worth £1,000.
£250 will be awarded for each winning category.
- 25 September 2019 – Applications Open
- 10 December 2019 – Phase One Applications Close
- 29th February 2020 – Phase Two Applications Close
- 31 March 2020 – Stage One Results Announced
- May 2020 – Stage Two Judging Selection
- 1st June 2020 – Finalist Email Announcement
- November 2020 – Exhibition of all 30 shortlisted works from the VAO at Chester Arts Fair 2020, winners announced
- November 2020 – VAO200 Overall Winner Exhibition at Chester Arts Fair 2021
£15 per artwork at the time of submitting (£10 per artwork for artists aged 24 or under). A maximum of 5 entries per person.