Opening: December 1, 2019
Deadline: January 2, 2020
Conditions: only to RPS members
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: publication in the journal
Experiment with photography and new ideas and share your results. Open to RPS Members at all levels of photographic ability, a different theme features every month, with 3 overall winners; the highest public voted image and two voted for by the RPS staff.
This competition is only open to RPS members and entry is free.
December Theme: Review of the Year 2019
Open for Entry: 1st December 2019 – 2nd January 2020.
How to enter
1. All RPS Members need to register and create a login.
2. Upload up to 5 images that relate to the theme.
3. View the All Entries page and your images should appear alongside all of the entries to date.
Selecting the Winners
- At the end of each monthly competition, RPS staff will anonymously select a number of images which will appear in the shortlist section.
- The public vote will remain open for approximately 5 days from the day the finalists are announced.
- The highest voted image plus the two most popular in the RPS staff vote will become the three winning images for the month and will appear in the next issue of the Journal.
About The RPS
The Royal Photographic Society is an educational charity promoting both the art and science of photography and aims to help individuals realise their potential as photographers. It is a membership organisation but, as a charity, undertakes a significant number of activities for the public benefit.
Membership is open to all, irrespective of experience or knowledge. No qualifications are required to join, simply a passion and love for photography or images, its technologies or applications.
The Journal is the world’s oldest photography magazine. Published monthly, all members receive a copy and can download back issues.
The Independent Photographer