Opening: November 1, 2019
Deadline: January 7, 2020
Entry fee: from €20 to €30
Prizes: FEP European Golden, Silver a Bronze Camera Awards
The aim of this competition is to help promote the photographic profession and to raise the level of professional standards. It is intended to give just recognition to those who work in this sector according to the highest levels of quality and professionalism.
The FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Awards are open to all professional photographers who are registered and resident in a European country (as defined by the Council of Europe), with no discrimination of sex, race, religion, nationality or ethnicity. The competition is open to both members and non-members of FEP associations.
Images with an intended use by a commercial client to promote or brand a product or company. In the case of images pertinent to advertising campaigns, they must not contain any text or graphic elements, which were not part of the original exposure.
Images should be shot using an unmanned aerial platform and may be of any subject. Composite images will be accepted if they are stitched panoramas or multi-angle shots of the same subject. The original content of the image should not be altered, though minor retouching of blemishes etc. is permitted. Images should demonstrate techniques that are unique to unmanned aerial systems and ideally demonstrate creative flair beyond simple aerial landscapes.
Fashion is about promoting a Lifestyle and to stimulate interest and/or purchasing appeal towards a product/business/fashion-brand by the observer. In the case of images pertinent to advertising campaigns, they must not contain any text or graphic elements, which were not part of the original exposure.
- Illustration, Digital Art & Fine Art
Illustrations of an idea or concept. The images may be composites or multiple exposures.
Images of authentic Landscapes, which may be countryside and urban landscapes.
Images should reflect the personality/personalities of the person/group in the picture, as well as the personality, artistic and technical skills of the image-maker.
Images that illustrate an actual event, life, areas of human interest, a public or private occasion or news that has high impact and/or a lasting emotional value.
Images that illustrate an actual public or private SPORTING event.
Images must be from an actual wedding, either on the day of the event or very close to the day of the ceremony. Wedding reportage should reflect the atmosphere of the event, the personality/personalities of the subject(s) as well as a personal style, illustrating the artistic and technical skills of the image-maker.
Images of real wild life in a natural habitat. No images of creatures in captivity or stuffed.
- FEP European Commercial Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Drone Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Fashion Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Illustrative, Digital and Fine Art Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Landscape Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Portrait Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Reportage/Photojournalism Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Sports Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Wedding Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Wildlife Golden Camera Award
A Silver Camera Award and a Bronze Camera Award will also be issued in all categories.
And the overall winner: FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year 2020.
- The 2020 competition opens on November 1st, 2019
- Closing date for receipt of entries is January 7th, 2020
- Judging will take place immediately after, and the first results will be announced approximately 30 days later.
- For photographers who are not members of an FEP member association an entry fee of 30,00 Euros for a first set of 3 images on each category is mandatory. They can enter all the 10 categories.
- For photographers who are members of an FEP member association, an entry fee of 20,00 Euros for a first set of 3 images in 1 category is mandatory. They can enter all the 10 categories.
- EP, QEP, MASTER QEP, EV, QEV and MQEV holders can enter a first set of 3 images in 1 category for free. They can enter all the 10 categories.
- For all entrants, any additional submitted image, other than the first set of 3 images in one category, a fee of 10,00 Euros per picture will be charged.