Opening: August 28, 2019
Deadline: October 13, 2019
Entry fee: from $20 to $75
Prizes: participation in the exhibition
Atlanta Photography Group (APG) is now taking entries for PEOPLE, PLACES, THINGS – APG’s collaborative exhibition that will be featured at the Madison-Morgan Cultural Center in Madison, Ga. The exhibition will be juried by Samuel Gerace, Photography Curator, Booth Museum.
Juror: Dr. Samuel Gerace III
Dr. Samuel Gerace III is the Curator of Photography at the Booth Western Art Museum. He studied Fine Art at Shorter University, focusing on traditional oil and egg tempera painting along with darkroom techniques and materials. Samuel received his Masters and Ph.D. from the University of Edinburgh in Art History, while he received his second Masters in Celtic Studies from the University of Wales. His research areas include: medieval art, historical photography, alternative photography processes, and the power of art to create memories and inspire beliefs.
Venue: Madison-Morgan Cultural Center
The Madison-Morgan Cultural Center is a non-profit, multidisciplinary performing and visual arts facility. The Center occupies an elegantly restored 1895 Romanesque Revival Building and is located in the heart of Madison, Georgia’s National Register Historic District. As one of the first graded public schools in the Southeast, it operated as a school until 1957. Following an extensive renovation, the building reopened in 1976 as the Madison-Morgan Cultural Center. Since that time, the Center has been recognized for its restoration and adaptive reuse of the award-winning structure as well as its reputation for excellence in arts and humanities programming. The original school bell still rings for many visitors who enjoy the Center’s programs.
- Call for Entries: August 28 – October 13, 2019
- Notifications: Oct 21
- Deadline to deliver to APG or MMCC: Saturday, Nov 16
- Exhibition Dates: Nov 23, 2019 – Jan 30, 2020
- Juror Talk: Nov 23, 5-6pm
- Artist Reception: Nov 23, 6-8pm
The exhibition & related events will be held at the Madison-Morgan Cultural Center, Madison, Ga.
- The theme for this exhibition is People, Places and Things, which is very broad, and allows the photographic artist to express their own personal creativity. Entrants can submit 2-8 images of their choice. Images do not need to be a part of a single body of work.
- All works are eligible for this exhibition, including any works that have been shown in any past APG exhibition.
- Entries are accepted and processed ONLINE only. We do not accept email, mail or paper entries.
Purchase Entry Fee
- Early Entry: Sept 4-15 (discounted rate)
2 works: $20, 4 works: $34, 6 works: $48, 8 works: $65
- Regular Entry: Sept 16 – Oct 6
2 works: $25, 4 works: $40, 6 works: $53, 8 works: $70
- Late Entry: Oct 7 – 14 (@8am)
2 works: $30, 4 works: $45, 6 works: $58, 8 works: $75
All entrants must be members of APG or The Madison-Morgan Cultural Center. If you are not a member, register to become an APG member, or become a MMCC member, first. If you are uncertain, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.